Summary of Position
This full-time position will provide global analytical support to internal and external customers:
- Perform analytical testing, carryout problem solving, and assist with accelerated weathering.
- Providing effective and timely communication at every stage of a project. This will include (but will not be limited to) progress reports, updates, and project milestones reached or missed.
- Characterize new and incumbent raw materials to determine feasibility of use (application testing as needed)
- BS/BA in Chemistry or an appropriate field of science.
- Strong practical laboratory skills with an aptitude for relevant theoretical principles and a willingness to pursue additional training and/or education.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of milling/mixing process theory –– both Chromaflo Technologies’ and other available processes.
- Working knowledge of our raw material, product, and process characteristics.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with and support colleagues, analyze and solve problems, and possess project and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects in an organized and structured manner.
- Good oral communication skills – capable of providing presentations.
- Good writing skills; able to write clear and concise reports and document lab work.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Proficient in sample preparation and the operation of selected instrumentation in the analytical lab.
- Proficient in the operation of selected instrumentation involved in the weathering program and the different methods utilized.
- Perform research and data gathering as required for analytical testing and supporting methods development and interpretation of data.
- Support the Analytical Chemist – Team Lead to meet commercial needs by completing analytical projects that produce results needed for solving customer problems
- Perform work on special research and development projects as assigned.
- Assist in the development of laboratory testing, quality control procedures and manufacturing processes as required.
- Issue periodic reports on progress and activities of assigned programs. Contribute to monthly reports for analytical summaries.
- Effectively utilize Alchemy for recording lab work, effort hours, and results.
- Support the utilization of electronic resources for training and calibration and provide input for the review for effectiveness.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Act as a backup to the Raw Material Characterization Specialist, as needed.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Attendance at area safety meetings, completion of safety training and completion of H,S,&E Area Checklist (as assigned)
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
- Completion of projects with accurate and timely reporting of project status.
- Support corporate strategic goals agreed upon annually
- Personal standards of performance
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Participate in annual performance reviews and provide formal feedback.
- Participate in annual discussion on career goals and implement a plan to address long-term aspirations.
- Analytical Chemist – Team Lead, Technical Director Coatings and Thermoset, Technical Service Manager Coatings and Thermoset, Production QC Managers and QAS.
Actions Requiring Approval
- Project assignment and prioritization
- Significant alteration of target projects
- Travel plans
- Customer contact
Actions Not Requiring Approval
- Analytical Testing Request initiation
The Incumbent Reports To
- Analytical Chemist – Team Lead
Positions Reporting to the Incumbent
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.