Summary of Position
The Master Scheduler is responsible for generating master production plans for N. American plant sites in a manner that will assure timely product delivery to the customer while optimizing inventory. This position has a key role in achieving business goals for on-time-in-full (OTIF), inventory targets, plant production conformation, and consequently, profitability.
The Master Scheduler is responsible to establish, maintain, revise, and ensure proper execution of valid master production schedule for make-to-stock and make-to-order production to achieve OTIF targets. This includes but is not limited to the following: replenishment management tool ownership, facilitating order fulfillment meetings and issue resolution, understanding of plant capacity and scheduling processes, support management of inventory levels, monitoring and improving production conformance to plan, and communicating supply issues to appropriate parties and resolving conflicts as they arise. This position will work in close partnership with Master Planner, Plant Asset Schedulers and Managers, Sales, Procurement, and Logistics to develop supply chain strategies and plans that maximize service levels while simultaneously reducing total inventory and cost throughout the entire supply chain.
This position will oversee the planning and scheduling for the N. American Manufacturing plants inclusive of made to order, made to stock and concentrates (intermediaries) and mass tones (intermediaries) while providing direction to the plant schedulers.
- Prefer minimum of 5 plus years of Supply Chain/Master Scheduling experience and bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or Supply Chain Management or another similar field. Experience in chemistry and batch process manufacturing is preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Expertise in statistical analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Expertise with MS Office applications.
- ERP/MRP experience preferably SAP
- Experience in Production Planning software
Major Areas of Activity/Responsibility
- Create, review, and revise master production plans to support forecasted demand within inventory guidelines and through production capacity analysis
- Collaborate with plant schedulers on overall asset utilization and master production plan execution managing schedule adjustments due to change in customer needs, inventory availability, and/or production capability
- Track changes and identify improvements to improve production confirmation to master production plans including root cause failure analysis
- Prepare data and material for S&OP Supply Review meetings to facilitate decisions around production over the planning horizon
- Lead daily delivery team meetings to support tracking of OTIF performance and resolve/communicate customer service delays
- Initiate and lead OTIF improvement through root cause failure analysis with appropriate functions
- Conduct inventory analysis to support achieving business inventory goals including driving at-risk inventory reductions, setting appropriate safety stock targets, and management of warehouse stocking levels
- Coordinate disposal of slow-moving or obsolete inventory
- Support creation of scenario plans to evaluate options for upside and downside production planning cases for volume and financial impact
- Ensure on-going communication with sales, customer service, and operations regarding timely feedback for schedule modifications/changes
- Become subject matter expert on planning systems to identify opportunities for systemic improvements
- Complies with safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Measure of Performance and Accountability:
- Days Inventory Outstanding
- Production Conformance to Plan
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical skills. Ability to synthesize data and identify and execute data driven decisions and/or plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in teams, across functional lines, with internal and external customers.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, results-oriented, have good problem-solving skills and the ability to get things done.
- Understanding and application of time-based manufacturing and lean supply chain concepts, including pull-based planning and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement and operational excellence methods (i.e., performance measures, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing/Supply Chain)
- Strong orientation towards customer service and consumer satisfaction
- Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Ability to develop and motivate individuals and teams within the organization
- Ability to set, manage and deliver multiple priorities.
- Prevention of personal injury/illness.
- Plant Asset Schedulers
- Master Planner
- Plant Managers
- Customer Service Manager
- Sales Directors
Actions/Decisions Requiring Approval:
- Extension or significant alteration of timeliness for target programs.
- Formal purchasing of capital equipment.
- Allocation of personnel
The Incumbent Reports To:
➢ Supply Chain Manager
Positions Reporting to the Incumbent:
➢ N. America Plant Schedulers (dotted line)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.