Industry Manager — Industrial Coatings
Summary of Position
This position will be responsible for the management of the Industrial Coatings product lines in the Americas. This role will be responsible for product line strategy, profitability (work with business to understand cost, market, and alternatives to help business set pricing; Industry Manager will have a deep understanding of cost, cost drivers and items impacting efficiency), product lifecycle, oversight of the FFU process (site selection, new product introductions, developments, enhancements, or ARMs), strategic marketing initiative definition & management, and cross-functional ownership of the product. This position will work in conjunction with the members of R&D, Marketing, Procurement, Sales, Supply Chain, Technical Service and Operations. Responsible for product portfolio management, product rationalization, marketing communications, key partnership relationships, and a disciplined approach to generating new business opportunities and bringing them to closure. Key metrics include revenue, profitability, and EBITDA realization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Technical required or 25+ Years of Industry relevant experience
- Proven analytical skills with a highly detailed orientation
- Strong understanding of market dynamics
- Financial understanding sufficient to evaluate business plans and investments to include understanding of commercial operations
- MS Office – high level user in Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
- SAP – high comfort level with ability to learn new transactions or similar ERP system
- Demonstrated success with defining and launching market relevant products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and with a strong initiative to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Industry experience (Paint and Coatings, Raw Material suppliers) is a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Create Product roadmaps and create a competitive product offering throughout the entire product life cycle; this includes the ability to manufacture in an efficient and cost-effective manner whereby producing high-quality product that utilizes platforms which can be cross utilized
- Manage product life cycle and utilize a product rationalization process.
- Project Management. Work collaboratively with Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement and Operations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Work closely with customer service to assist with order fulfillment rules and product alternatives.
- Work closely with Sales and R&D to see that product changes are developed in line with customer expectations; utilize the FFU process
- Lead proven understanding of Industrial Coatings markets with leadership ability to work externally with key customers, business partners, and key internal stakeholders
- Development of business plans inclusive of marketing plans and pricing strategy including all pricing, promotion and positioning.
- Responsible for effective communication of product discontinuation / replacement with key customers in a fashion that results in acceptable customer satisfaction and continued partnership.
- Product Planning and Management
- Product Marketing; May conduct and manage market research studies.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Act as a leader within the company
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
- Assisting with Annual planning to optimize sales growth, profit margin and related initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the job.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Product Line Profitability
- Market share increase/decrease in targeted segments
- Annual Goals aligned with Company initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
Incumbent Reports To:
Director – Product Management
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.
Review all open career opportunities