Accountant — Accounts Payable
Summary of Position
Is responsible for the processing of accounts payable transactions from scanning, to invoice entry through payment of all invoices.
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting or finance; experience in accounts payable operations.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient in MS Office (Excel & Word).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and effective follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Scanning, coding, matching, and data entry of all invoices for payment
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues. Including diligent phone call follow-up with vendors, and internal employees
- Prepares and prints accounts payable checks, and processes for mailing
- Reconciliation of vendor statements monthly
- Prepare reports and spreadsheets as requested.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Assists with the budget process as needed.
- Assists outside accountants/auditors as needed
- Perform other essential functions and projects as assigned
- Expected to be able to enter a minimum of 500 invoices per month.
- Expected to be able to process the weekly payment run as needed.
- Parked invoice items processed within one week.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Exercises sound and prudent judgment, including recognizing the need to ask for supervisor assistance.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Exercises ethical decision making in all decisions.
- Exhibits teamwork and fosters a working relationship with intra/inter departmental employees.
- Ability to communicate orally with shareholders, management, staff, vendors and outside parties either face-to-face, one-on-one, over the telephone or in group settings
- Produces written communications with clear, organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, grammar and punctuation.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards, trainings and other HS&E requirements.
- Reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
The Incumbent Reports To:
Controller — Americas
Positions Reporting to the Incumbent:
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.