Summary of Position
The Shipping/Receiving operator engages in the acceptance, offloading, receiving, storage, delivery, loading, and shipping of materials. This is done in accordance with guidelines from the Business Management System and SAP operating procedures while maintaining good housekeeping and safety practices.
- High school graduate (or equivalent) with strong reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to operate scales, industrial trucks and other types of machinery used in the Shipping/Receiving area.
- Computer skills, including an understanding of the functions in the ERP system (SAP) necessary for the successful completion of their duties.
- Demonstrated work ethic and a team player
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Follow all company Health, Safety and Environmental Rules and Policies
- To comply with the Business Management System
- Able to enter and extract necessary information from the ERP system (SAP)
- Perform receiving and off-loading of raw materials to include documentation and sampling
- Must be able to comprehend shipping/receiving/warehousing documents, material and ID markings, as well as customer-specific labeling or documentation requirements
- Contacts common carriers as assigned to arrange for pickup of outgoing freight.
- Able to maintain internal storage of raw materials and transferring to other departments.
- Maintains inventory (raw materials) utilizing First In-First Out protocol. Prepares materials for shipments utilizing First In – First Out Protocol.
- Must be a licensed forklift operator
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Accuracy and completeness of information handled and forwarded to others, particularly Customer Service
- Adherence to company H, S&E Rules and Policies, and Business Management System responsibilities
- Efficient handling of daily workload
- Maintains acceptable attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H, S &E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
Incumbent Reports To:
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent:
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.