Summary of Position
This full-time position will work along with other lab technicians supporting colorant manufacturing at the Brampton, ON, Canada Site. In this position the Technician will be responsible for the testing of production batches against designated product specifications; recommending in-process adjustments to production batches; the evaluation of incoming raw materials; any duties that support these activities and inform and promote a perspective and attitude of continuous improvement.
- College diploma in Chemistry related fields
- Coating Technology Certificate preferred
- 2 years of lab related experience preferred
- Able to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong math skills
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Standardization of batches to ensure that all specifications are in compliance
- Product quality is maintained according to established specs
Calibration of equipment to ensure that all equipment used for toning products are within specified tolerance limit
- Supply C of A’s to customers and Shipping when needed
- Testing of pre-shipped pigments and bulk raw materials
- Operation and maintenance of mini-mill
- Sending sample to customers
- Participate in safety and ISO meetings
- Perform finished goods inspections for packaging compliance
- Filing draw downs, batch cards and samples in respective files
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Will be given performance reviews on an annual basis to evaluate all/other aspects of their work including timeliness and attendance.
- Meeting required minimum attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of HS&E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
- Personal standards of performance
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment process
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.