Technical Service Representative
Summary of Position
- Directly interfacing with customers to define and bring resolution to opportunities and/or problems to satisfy customer needs.
- Design, plan and execute Top Target Program elements in Chromaflo’s laboratory, as well as in customers’ plants and laboratories, as appropriate to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Be responsible for the completion of benchwork necessary to resolve the defined issues.
- Provide effective and timely communication at every stage of the project. This will include (but will not be limited to) progress reports, updates, call reports and project milestones reached or missed.
- BS/BA required in a field such as Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science.
- Ability and willingness to travel –– occasionally, on short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/maturity
- Good understanding of Chromaflo’s Thermoset products and customer processes.
- Knowledge of color and appearance science.
- Knowledge of process theory –– both Chromaflos’ and customer processes.
- Willingness and ability to continuously increase and maintain skills and knowledge in significant work areas.
- Aptitude for working with electronic computing/communication and mechanical processing devices.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail.
- Formal Project Planning (Action Planning and execution) supporting conversion and retention initiatives.
- Application of problem solving techniques providing resolution to customer concerns and successful conversion of new opportunities.
- Design effective and efficient experimentation to provide resolution to technical issues.
- Complete laboratory and manufacturing trials required and defined by experimental design
- Resource management and maximization.
- Travel – providing on-site support for key and strategic accounts to satisfy customer needs.
- Assure safe handling of products and electrical/mechanical devices in the field.
- Continuous skill development and maintenance.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Active support of, and participation in, all appropriate BMS and H, S & E aspects.
Measure of Performance and Accountability:
- Customer satisfaction.
- Quick closure to customer complaint.
- Meeting program and project timelines.
- Success of Conversion Programs
- Success of Retention Programs.
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H,S, & E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
- Technical Service Manager:
- Territory Managers
- Thermoset Business Director,
- Market Development Manager,
- Quality Assurance /Quality Control
Actions Requiring Approval:
assignment and prioritization
Actions Not Requiring Approval:
Work Request (LWR) initiation
The Incumbent Reports To:
- Technical Service Manager, Thermoset Plastics or Market Development Manager, Thermoset Americas
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.