Product Development Specialist – Coatings, Americas
Summary of Position
This full-time position will provide developmental, technical support to our customer base by:
- Designing, planning and executing project elements in the laboratory and plant, as well as in customers’ plants and laboratories, if needed, to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Being responsible for the completion of bench work and processing work necessary to convert opportunities or to resolve issues through formulation.
- Directly interfacing with vendors and/or customers to define and convert opportunities and resolve issues, as assigned by the Technology Manager, Coatings Americas.
- Providing effective and timely communication at every stage of a project. This will include (but will not be limited to) progress reports, updates, and project milestones reached or missed.
- BS/BA in an appropriate field of science (Chemist or Chem. Eng. preferred).
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work with and support colleagues, analyze and solve problems, control resources and implement programs, and possess project management skills.
- Knowledge of critical chemical functionalities for waterborne/solvent born architectural and industrial urethanes, epoxies, acrylics polyester chemistries with respect to coatings industries.
- Nominal understanding of color science with experience in the area of dispersion, wetting, and additive activity.
- Willingness and ability to continuously increase and maintain skills and knowledge in significant work areas.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects in an organized and structured manner.
- Good oral communication skills – capable of providing presentations.
- Good writing skills; able to write clear and concise reports.
- Good understanding of Chromaflo Technologies’ products and customer processes.
- Knowledge of process theory –– both Chromaflo Technologies’ and customer processes.
- Ability and willingness to travel –– occasionally, on short notice.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Assure safe handling of products and electrical/mechanical devices in the field.
- Travel –– provide on-site customer support as deemed necessary by the Technology Manager, Americas.
- Application of problem solving techniques in response to customer concerns and opportunities.
- Complete bench work required and defined by experimental design.
- Active support of, and participation in, all appropriate BMS and H, S & E aspects.
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail.
- Participate in the planning process, including fiscal year tactical plan, budgetary expenses, project objectives, timeliness, and guidelines for the development of technologies to address market specific needs.
- Establish safe chemical practices and procedures as it relates to the additives systems employed.
- Communicate technology in terms of features and benefits as they support project objectives. Prepare exhibits, specimens and presentation that illustrate key characteristics.
- Issue periodic reports on progress and activities of assigned programs. Also, requisition supplies for the timely and efficient operation of projects.
- Determine specification requirements for materials used in or result from research development.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H,S, & E Area Checklist (as assigned)
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
- Completion of projects with accurate and timely reporting of project status.
- Provide inter-departmental analysis of data.
- Personal standards of performance
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
Coatings Sales Director, Coatings Technical Director, Coatings Technical Service Manager, Coatings Product Managers, Analytical Chemist, Quality Assurance Specialists, Customer
Actions Requiring Approval:
- Project assignment and prioritization
- Significant alteration of target projects
- Travel plans
- Customer contact
Actions Not Requiring Approval:
Position Reports to:
Team Lead, Coatings Americas
Positions Reporting to Incumbent:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.