The primary responsibility of this position is to troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical, and control issues encountered throughout the course of a manufacturing shift. This position is also responsible for executing PM’s and inspections as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor and carrying out any work as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
A minimum of five years as a Maintenance Mechanic. Familiarity with industrial electrical maintenance and general aptitude for mechanical troubleshooting. Experience with batch processing and milling operations a plus.
HS diploma or GED education required.
• Awareness of hazardous situations and demonstration of safe work habits.
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams, schematics, and instructions; able to apply to the troubleshooting of equipment.
• Ability to use and understand the operation of the drill press, metal lathe, and surface grinder; able to read and understand the measuring tools used for the equipment.
• Can react appropriately during plant power outage or emergency situations.
• Industrial electrical maintenance experience; County-certified preferred.
• Ability to test electrical voltages up to 480V/3 phase.
• Fabrication and electrical wire welding experience; welding certification preferred.
• Can service filters, belts, and motors on rooftop air handler units.
• Possess leadership qualities.
• Reflect a positive, cooperative work ethic.
• Willingness to attend outside training classes or seminars.
• Must be able to work off-shifts.
• Able to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
• Bend, stand, for extended periods of time and withstand exposure to heat and cold.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.