IT Technician — Global Finance & IT
Summary of Position
Responsible for the support and maintenance of infrastructure and network. Designs, implements and troubleshoots PC/LAN systems for multiple locations. Provides integration, troubleshooting and support services to all internal departments and systems. Requires strong knowledge of server and desktop processing/operating systems to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
- 3+ years’ experience in the IT field. Associates Degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Extensive experience with first and second tier support of PC, printers, phones and mobile phones and client applications in the Microsoft and IOS environments.
- Experience with networking protocols and Active Directory a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and with a strong initiative to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Additional knowledge helpful (not required) includes Office 365, Zebra printers, RF guns for scanning, and switches and firewalls.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Installs, configures, and maintains personal computers, and other related equipment, devices, and systems.
- Establishes and maintains network user accounts, user environments, directories, and security.
- Responds to the needs of the users concerning access to resources on the network.
- Investigates user problems, identifies the source, determines, and implements the solution.
- Remains knowledgeable of changes in system software and hardware requirements.
- Updates the desktop/laptop operating systems as required.
- Regularly reviews technical notices and security alerts.
- Maintains work instructions and troubleshooting documentation.
- Ensures Anti-virus software is installed on all user workstations and is up to date.
- Creates and maintains user accounts.
- Installs and configures printers on end user PC’s
- May be required to complete other duties as assigned by manager.
- Position will work on-site in Ashtabula, OH office. Provides support to other plants and some outside warehouses. Some infrequent travel required. Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours. Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Annual Goals aligned with Company initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
- IT Manager
- Infrastructure Manager
- Regional System Administrators
The Incumbent Reports To
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.