HR Generalist — Business Partner
- Location: South Africa, Johannesburg (Edenvale), Founders View South
- Reporting to: Commercial Director SA, dotted reporting line to HR Manager APAC
- Direct Reports: HR & EHSQ Coordinator, Office Administrator (Receptionist)
Overall Purpose of the Position
The HR Business Partner works with the regional management team and HR Manager APAC to enable the implementation of Chromaflo’s human resources policies and strategies in the sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region. The position involves the development, implementation and management of human resources systems, policies, procedures and support for the organization at departmental.
- Payroll management; interpret, monitor changes and ensure compliance to pay and tax regulations and company policy affective payroll procedures
- Promptly answers questions for employees and managers in SSA.
- Implementation and negotiation with managers, employees and labour union (if applicable)
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Administer remuneration policies
- Plan and develop training and development programs to meet the organization’s training needs and to develop employee competencies
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Conduct all performance management plans/meetings, terminations and corresponding exit interviews as necessary
- Drive and implement the desired company culture that will require change management activities
- Review and analyze company policies and practices
- Develop and maintain the budget for the HR Department, Training budget, Payroll & Remuneration Costs, Resourcing Cost (temporary resource) and Headcount Budget.
- Create and maintain succession planning and internal development plans for employees.
- Ensure that all HR reporting is completed both locally and for global requirements by the due date.
- Be involved with Health & Safety, ensuring that best practice is followed, and the site is compliant. Coordinate and injuries or return to work needs of employees.
- Any other projects or tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Administration or related field
- Minimum 5 + years’ working experience in HR function, ideally in a manufacturing company with 2 years at managerial level
- Knowledge and experience of running labor union (activities) is preferred; Familiar with South African labor law, experienced in handling employee relationship cases;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate with different level of employees effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility and team orientation
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line.