EHS Coordinator — Lockland Site
Summary of Position
This full-time position will coordinate and maintain all plant functions in regards to environmental, health and safety issues at the Lockland, OH site.
- BA/BS related degree or equivalent years of experience in a related field required.
- Experience in a chemical plant or chemical production operations preferred.
- Possess knowledge of Regulatory Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with a range of departments, levels, and personalities in completing job assignments.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain Environmental, Health, Safety and Responsible Care Programs in the plant.
- Chairperson for the monthly EHS meetings and EHS committee meetings. Set agendas, prepare minutes, update and maintain associated logs.
- Provide EHS training for all employees at the site including new hire orientation and annual requirements.
- Conduct safety audits and hazard reviews as warranted.
- Provide/arrange all required testing of Environmental and Occupational Health compliance.
- Prepare and complete regulatory requirements of various federal, state, local, and corporate reports.
- When necessary, must development new EHS programs.
- Assist in maintaining Plant ISO 9001.
- Manage Colorants label database.
- Direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities for Utility department.
- Fill in as Production Supervisor when necessary.
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Strong desire to serve others (i.e. employees, customers, the community) by way of environmental protection and response to regulatory requests by interested parties.
- Successful coordination and completion of multiple projects and tasks.
- Assistance with safety training, safety meetings and documentation.
- Successful completion of assignments/projects.
- Prevention of personal injury/illness.
- Skillful report writing including monthly reporting, compliance activities and project status.
- Improve skill level and knowledge base through job experience, attending seminars, classes, specialized training and other resources.
Position Reports to:
Plant Manager — Lockland
Positions Reporting to Incumbent:
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.