Data Warehouse Specialist
Summary of Position:
This position will report to the Global Information Services Manager and will be responsible for administering, designing, modeling and implementing systems through the business data warehouse in order to solve specific internal customer requests. This position may program and configure warehouses of database information and provide support to warehouse users. This role works with business teams to gather the requirements for the data warehouse and reporting projects.
Involved in all aspects of data warehouse and security development. Work with the analytics team to design and develop source of business reporting solutions. The duties for this position include creating new data warehouses, ensuring that existing reporting solutions are functioning properly and the designing and development of Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; IT degree preferred
- At least 3 years in working with MS SQL Database
- At least 3 years working with MS SQL programming language
- Experience pulling data from a variety of data source types (ETL)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and dimensional data modeling
- Solid Abilities in MS Office
- Prior experience with Azure or other cloud based environments is preferred
- Experience with SAP data structure preferred but not required
- We have tools to pull SAP data and experienced employees to provide guidance
- Experience creating reports/charts/dashboards and analyzing data preferred
- Experience with Power BI preferred
- Proven analytical skills with a highly detailed orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and with a strong initiative to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Must be a constant learner
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Create new data warehouses, as well as ensuring that existing reporting solutions are functioning properly.
- Involved in all aspects of data warehouse development (including security) and in the design and development of data models for use in business reporting solutions.
- Design and development of Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes.
- Provide backup support for reporting and ETL jobs done in current Bobj data warehouse
- Ability to gathering and incorporate various requirements into the data warehouse data from multiple platforms. IE; Data from SAP, spreadsheets, flat files and other ERP systems are integrated into and used to create global reports.
- Design and build data structures and processes to populate data warehouse tables using knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques.
- Work closely with the business, reporting team, business analyst and data warehouse users in end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions.
- Able to find, work with and manage projects involving 3rd party experts or support firms.
- Reviewing and ensuring that data loaded into the data warehouse is accurate.
- Troubleshooting and tweaking of current data warehouse applications to spot and correct errors.
- Involved in developing new or improved data warehouse components.
- Creates ad hoc reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability:
- Annual Goals aligned with Company initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
- Daily reporting jobs occur on-time and without errant data – need to set an SLA for this
- Stable ETL loading the from multiple sources – need to set an SLA for this
- Work with analytics team to create datasets that are understandable and usable for data to report/chart/dashboard, etc.
- All levels of management and data warehouse users globally.