Customer Service Representative
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the order entry and customer service requirements of Chromaflo Technologies – Americas.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Customer Service
- Knowledge of ERP-oriented accounting systems preferred, SAP a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and effective follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Receives orders from customers and/or intercompany parties, maintaining friendly and cordial relationship.
- Enters orders received into the ERP system and sends detailed and accurate confirmation (order acknowledgment) back to requester in a timely basis in accordance with order entry procedures.
- Transfers pertinent information to customer files to ensure proper record keeping.
- Regularly receives customer order/service inquiries concerning pricing, product availability, weight/dimension, freight costs, payment terms, packaging and overall order status and provides timely follow-up.
- Edits orders for accuracy and makes appropriate changes.
- Refers customer inquiries to responsible sales or technical person, depending on the nature of the inquiry.
- Receives, researches and resolves (with appropriate assistance) customer service issues/complaints.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks on a routine basis as well as on an assignment basis, including file maintenance, telephone coverage, telemarketing and internal mail distribution.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Perform required duties, as assigned, dealing with the exporting of product internationally by:
- Working closely with third parties to schedule bookings for ocean or air export and ensure required documentation is correct and timely.
- Verifying export compliance as defined by EOP and Manager.
- Review order requirements to ensure completion.
- Regularly communicating the status of all orders with both internal and external parties.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Measure of Performance
- Customer Relations — Effectiveness of customer communications.
- Accuracy and completeness of information handled and forwarded to others.
- Accuracy and skill of typing and data entry.
- Timeliness of tasks completion.
- Relations with other corporate work groups.
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H, S &E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness
The Incumbent Reports To:
Customer Service Manager
Positions Reporting to Incumbent
Actions Requiring Higher Approval
- Material returns
- Special pricing
- Special packaging
- Special carrier
Actions Not Requiring Higher Approval
- Over/under ships within tolerance
- Sample generation for standard samples sizes
- Typical demands of office work. Typing, filing, copying, answering phones. Desk work.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office setting.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.