- Location: South Africa, Edenvale, Founders View South
- Reporting to: Finance Manager
- Direct Reports: None
Overall Purpose of Position
- This position is responsible for recording, classifying, analyzing, summarizing, and allocating costs associated with manufacturing process. This position follows the standard costing method to control the costs.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing changes in raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System (TBA)
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Ability to Multi-tasks and good time management skills
- All other tasks & projects as requested by your Manager
Qualifications & Experience Required
- 2-5 years of Cost Accounting experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Accounting/Commerce.
- Cost & works Accountant preferred.
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills, ERP and the ability to use Outlook and Word. Hands-on in utilising Sage X3 ERP or other equivalent ERP for Standard Costing and Yearly Physical stock count & Cycle Count.
- Familiar with Cost Centre accounting concept for managing Actual Overhead Expenses in comparison against Budget and classification and transaction posting of cost centre expenses for actual, accrual and provision.
- Sound conceptual understanding of standard costing and absorption costing in a batch manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle other general accounting entry and transactions posting for month end and ad hoc requirement as directed by Finance Manager.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Diligent and proactively and ability to work independently as well as working in a team under guidance & direction from the Finance Manager.
- Strong & clear communication with all stakeholders.
- Possess high level of honesty and integrity in dealing with the number & transactions and maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line.