Corporate Accountant & Reporting Analyst
Chromaflo Technologies is a leading independent global supplier of colorant systems, chemical and pigment dispersions, serving customers in architectural and industrial coatings as well as the thermoset composites market. Headquartered in Ashtabula, Ohio, US, Chromaflo has production facilities in the US, Canada, The Netherlands, Finland, Australia, China and South Africa. Sales and technical support is also provided throughout North and South America, Europe, Australia, China, India and Southeast Asia. Commitment to excellence is driven by three core values: quality, speed and service.
Summary of Position
The Corporate Accountant will assist the needs of the global finance group by providing financial and analytical support in all financial matters of the business. This position will be instrumental in preparing financial models and reports in an effort to enhance business profitability and further growth of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited university required. 2-4 years of related experience preferred. Some experience in a manufacturing environment is also preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience working with entities outside of the US is preferred.
- Experience working with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SAP is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbally), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and effective follow-up skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented and highly diligent.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines and work extra hours as required.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Play a major role in the month-end close, including but not limited to, preparation of journal entries, assisting with the consolidation process utilizing HFM, preparation of consolidated financial statements, dissemination of EBITDA trends and corresponding analyses.
- Timely and accurate completion of monthly reports both during and after the closing process.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations using source system and HFM applications.
- Completion of intercompany reconciliations prior to and during the consolidation process.
- Assisting with the managing / maintenance all Non-Operating entities.
- Provide support with the completion of our annual audit by preparing workpapers, footnotes and other supporting documentation as required.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and accounting pronouncements that will affect the company’s financial statements and position.
- Support strategic Financial projects both globally and regionally.
- Overall, assist with the company’s goal of continuous improvement in the reliability and timeliness of the company’s financial statements and all reporting requirements.
- Performs other essential functions and ad hoc reporting as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Exercises sound and prudent judgment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Exercises ethical decision making.
- Exhibits teamwork and fosters a working relationship with intra/inter departmental employees.
- Clear and concise communications skills with an ability to organized and present thoughts logically.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards, trainings and other HS&E requirements.
- Reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.