Category Manager – Resins, Additives and Packaging
Overall Purpose of Position
The Category Manager – Resins, Additives and Packaging is responsible for the strategic direction and spend of these items. The primary purpose of this position is to implement business strategies allowing for a robust quality supply of materials while driving cost reduction, quality improvement and vendor assessment activities. Manage the company’s vendor relationships for strategic spend materials such as Packaging, Resins, Additives, and Epoxies. Requires specific expertise understanding the market dynamics and supply base. Must interact effectively with key internal stakeholders. This position will be responsible for facilitating an on-going strategic supplier relationship management process with the key suppliers in each material category.
- Bachelor’s degree in BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain or Materials Management or 7+ years of applicable experience; MBA preferred
- APICS certification in Materials Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Management preferred
- ERP experience required; SAP preferred
- Strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in Chemical Procurement. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven project management skills preferred
- Experience in ISO9000 and Continuous Improvement Initiatives such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and JIT
- Good understanding of the linkages between sales, inventory control, planning and procurement relative to materials requirements planning (SIOP). Ability to understand and summarize revenue impacts based on plan changes
- Sourcing, RF(x) expertise, contract negotiation, strong communications and relationship building skills, ability to manage vendor relationships, an understanding of service level agreements.
- Responsible for strategic purchasing and procurement responsibilities for raw materials. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Location and selection of sources of goods and services.
- Effectively plan and executes negotiation of lowest costs materials consistent with company requirements for quality, service and vendor reliability.
- Ensure Dual Source strategy
- Ensure inventory availability to meet production and customer needs; at the same time applying professional judgment to consideration of inventory investment, space availability, economic order quantities, and other principles of good purchasing practice.
- Create and maintain strategic alliance relationships with major suppliers on assigned categories including contract negotiations, lead times, supplier inventory levels, freight policies, payment terms, communications, and disaster recovery planning.
- Develop total cost models; identify innovative procurement solutions that provide savings and process efficiencies for the organization.
- Prepare RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, and other price analysis methods
- Resolve supply related problems for underperforming vendors and ensure highest level of service
- Coordinates and communicates purchasing activity with other departments and groups, including determination of their needs and utilization of their expertise and resources.
- Collaborate with other Category Managers globally to understand and leverage global spend and order quantity opportunities to increase quality and or spend.
- Work closely with R&D to secure supplier material technology for competitive advantage including long-term vendor partnerships related to new technology development.
- Establish strategies to reduce or eliminate excess and obsolete components or materials and consolidates spend where feasible.
- Perform procurement reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- On an ongoing basis, facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business performance.
- Develop best procurement best practices to lead to overall improvement in the Company’s cost position.
- Provide assistance to company’s acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence and integration activities for the spend categories.
- Specific expertise required in understanding the market dynamics and supply base. This includes understanding commodity markets, alternative raw materials and supply dynamics; create effective long-term solutions to ensure quality and cost-effective purchasing strategies while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Regulatory compliance to the extent that compliance in that area is assigned to Purchasing.
- Participates in the development, management and maintenance of vendor quality programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Ensure ISO compliance for all processes related to procurement
- Productivity improvement
- Cost savings and cost avoidance
- Vendor progress in meeting schedule, cost and performance
- New Materials qualified
- Variance to budget
- On-Time delivery
- Number of vendor audits conducted
- Inventory turn ratio
- On time completion of projects
- Quality, timing, and accuracy of reporting.
- Personal standards of performance and adherence to Chromaflo’s Core Values.
- Global Director Procurement
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.