Production Operator, Batch Maker — Brampton
Summary of Position
Production Operators are employees who operate process equipment, produce and package product, and perform other tasks essential to our production operation. This position is defined as a Batch Maker.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to follow detailed instructions/work orders
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude/experience, as well as additional formal or technical education
- A strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work well in a team environment
Major Areas of Responsibility
As operators in the Batch Making Process, employees are expected to develop operator skills and assume the following general responsibilities:
- Obtain batch tickets from supervisor for batches to be loaded.
- Check availability of raw materials for each batch.
- Check tanks, size, valve and tank is clean for batch loading
- Make sure tank is labelled, product no. batch no.
- Load resin, wetters, solvents using proper PPE, e.g. ground clamps and any other safety equipment as per batch ticket.
- Record all lot numbers of raw materials in production book.
- Record batch loaded, batch no, date, time taken and mill on cover and put in holding area ready for charging.
- Bring batch to Bowers, make sure mixer is clean.
- Ground and adjust mixer speed to obtain a good vertex.
- Mix well, sample to lab.
- Make addition to batch as per lab instructions.
- When lab approved, remove from mixer.
- Weigh, cover and place in holding area.
- Give batch ticket to supervisor.
- Wash mills, tanks, mixers as needed.
- Keep all equipment and tools clean.
- Make sure all safety equipment is in working order.
- Clean up any spills.
- Keep work area clean and clear of any obstacles.
- Mop and clean floors, once a day, using floor scrubber.
- Wear all required PPE and observe all safety regulations.
- Report processing and equipment problems to the Supervisor and/or Site Manager.
- Observe and report to Supervisor and/or Site Manager, the effectiveness of processing, equipment, or method changes.
- Obtain and record processing data as prescribed by procedure, written processing instructions or directive from supervision.
- Insure quality standards are maintained, within their ability to control, and insure properly obtained samples are gathered as required.
- Be constantly on the alert for safety hazards and report any found to the Supervisor and/or Site Manager.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor and/or Site Manager.
- Participate in area work teams, as necessary.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Demonstrates the ability to properly operate equipment, follow procedures and written processing instructions for all operations for the area to which they have been assigned.
- Effectiveness of communications between themselves and supervision.
- Completeness and accuracy of required reports and records.
- Skill level (consistency and quality).
- Cleanliness and safety in work area.
- Attendance at area safety meetings and safety training and completion of H, S &E Area Checklist (as assigned).
- Prevention of personal injury/illness.
Incumbent Reports To:
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent:
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.
Review all open career opportunities