Assistant Controller — Americas
Summary of Position
Preparation, analysis, and communication of the financial and operational reporting results. Direct supervision of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Teams. Assist in the regions monthly accounting closing and reporting cycle. Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and optimizing accounting business processes (OTC/PTP/ATR) and systems; including follow-up, recommendations, and improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required, MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in operational and corporate accounting; supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of global ERP-oriented accounting systems required; SAP experience preferred.
- Prior accounting experience working with multiple legal entities required, foreign legal entities preferred.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and streamlining accounting and business system processes.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software applications
- Knowledge of other computer systems (i.e.- Basware, Concur, Sage)
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and effective follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and distributes the monthly financial statements, management reports, and other internal reports.
- Performs detailed financial statement analyses, including discussions on various issues.
- Supervision and guidance of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Teams.
- Manage weekly vendor payments and cash forecast to ensure prudent cash management.
- Assist with the month-end closing process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Back-up to General Ledger Accountant.
- Lead or participate on project teams as required to address process improvements.
- Assist the Controller and Managing Director with preparing the regional annual budget.
- Assist outside accountants/auditors as needed for annual audit.
- Prepare reports and analysis and recommendations as requested.
- Attends required meetings both internal and external. This may include evening and weekend meetings as well as overnight travel.
- Perform other essential functions as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Exercises sound and prudent judgment.
- Identifies and corrects problems using root cause analysis.
- Systemic thinking
- Actively seeks to eliminate manual work and leverages systems wherever possible.
- Look improve times required for processes and procedures (i.e.- month-end closing)
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Exercises ethical decision making in all decisions.
- Exhibits teamwork and fosters a working relationship with all employees.
- Ability to communicate orally with shareholders, management, staff, vendors, and outside parties either face-to-face, over the telephone or in group settings.
- Produces written communications with clear, organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, grammar, and punctuation.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards, trainings, and other HS&E requirements.
- Reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
Incumbent Reports To:
Controller – Americas
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent:
Accounts receivable and Accounts payable staff members.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.
Review all open career opportunities