Application Specialist — Product Management
Summary of Position
This position will report to the Director Product Manager, Americas and will be responsible for developing and creating reports from the data warehouse (or other data sources), developing analytical tools in various formats, including reports, charts, dashboards etc. In addition, they will be responsible creating tools that allow for the tracking and analyzing of data to facilitate pricing optimization, margins and customer relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; IT, Accounting, Finance preferred.
- Proven analytical skills with a highly detailed orientation
- MS Office – high level user in Excel and PowerPoint, PowerBI
- ERP – Strong aptitude working directly in SAP or similar enterprise resource planning software preferred
- Experience and aptitude with Salesforce design and administration preferred
- Experience creating data/information tools for performing advanced data analytics, trend analysis, forecasting, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and with a strong initiative to develop the knowledge and skills to take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to analyze a given problem, diagnose it and find the root cause through the use of data mining.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability of matrix management of cross-functional teams
- Must be able to travel if necessary (10% or less)
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Works with data warehouse team on possible enhancement to facilitate the design and development of business reporting solutions.
- Knowledge transfer to train others to become PowerBi Power Users.
- Facilitate data extraction to support Budgeting process; understand and utilize the data.
- Ensuring that existing reporting solutions are functioning properly.
- Support the development of Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes for data warehouses. Gathering requirements and incorporating into the data warehouse data from multiple platforms. IE; Data from SAP, spreadsheets, flat files and other ERP systems are integrated into and used to create reports.
- Design and build data structures and processes to populate data warehouse tables using knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques.
- Work closely with the business, reporting team, and data warehouse users in end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions.
- Design, development and maintenance of pricing diagnostics & analytics tools
- Includes pricing and margin dashboards and metrics.
- Design, development and maintenance of customer relationship management systems, processes and tools. Includes the following:
- Customer Relationship ie Salesforce.com Software design and coordination.
- Mining of organic market knowledge as reported through Customer Relationship Software.
- Reporting of competitive intelligence via Customer Relationship Software data.
- Development and guidance of custom business data report creation.
- Coordination and training for optimized application of business intelligence systems and tools, including pricing diagnostics & analytics.
- Creating and maintaining standard reports (price increases and tracking, new business tracking on bi-weekly and monthly basis, monthly reports, where used support forecast process support and S&OP support), ad hoc reporting, annual sales budgeting and other support as needed.
- Establishment of KPI’s and corresponding dashboards.
- Other activities as assigned.
Measure of Performance and Accountability
- Annual Goals aligned with Company initiatives
- Annual initiatives and goals of the Product Management department
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
- Ensuring business intelligence systems and tools support the company’s overall strategy and goals
- Achievement of KPI’s
- Industry Managers
- Commercial Manager
- Business Directors – Americas
- Information Technologies
- Sales / Marketing
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain
Incumbent Reports To:
Commercial Manager – Americas
Positions Reporting To the Incumbent:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or a general application. Be sure to attach your resume and list the position title in your subject line. You may also fill out a general application and bring it to a Chromaflo facility.
Review all open career opportunities